Thursday, March 31, 2011

Social Networking

     Social Networking can be many things; from the internet sites we all know -- Facebook, MySpace -- to a simple, in-person meeting of a group of people. Whether you think you do or not, we all use Social Networking every day. Every time you get on YouTube or Facebook; every time you go to school, you are interacting with other individuals. This is Social Networking.
     I am involved with Social Networking in many ways. When I am at school, I talk to my friends and teachers. When I go home, I join a large "social network", the audience to a famous television show. When I play video games online, I interact with other people from around the world. Wherever I go, it is hard to avoid being in contact with Social Networking.
how it affects me
     Social Networking has had a pretty big effect on my life; some parts more that others. In-person conversations and interaction has definitely helped to improve my social skills. This is something you just do not get while you are typing "lol" and "omg" into the chat window. This is not to say that digital Social Networking has had no effect on me. Using online games and sites such as Facebook, I am able to keep in touch with distant friends and family members.
     Overall, I think Social Networking is a good thing to have, so long as people do let their Facebook account take over their top priority. One good thing to remember is that spending too much time on Social Networking sites can actually alienate you from your friends more so than they connect with with them. Always find ways to spend time with your friends or family away from the computer.


     jmers593

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way everyone knows that person that is so addicted to facebook it's terrible, also all your facts about TV etc I agree with them all and avoiding social networking is difficult.

    ReplyDelete